Russia Trek 2017 - Mt. Elbrus
OUR EXPEDITIONS >
MT. ELBRUS TREK 2017
Our expedition begins in Moscow, Russia where we will have time to explore many of the beautiful and famous sites, such as Red Square and the Kremlin before heading to Mineralnye Vody, in southern Russia to begin our trek.
Our 7-day trek to the summit of Mt. Elbrus at 18,510 ft (5642m), will not only take us to the top of the highest mountain in Russia and the Caucasus mountain range, but also to the top the highest mountain in Europe, one of the “Seven Summits”. We will trek an average of 5-8 hours a day over varying terrain to acclimate our bodies, as we “climb high” and “sleep low”. Basic mountaineering skills will be taught in the evenings by our professional guide, world renowned Mountaineer and Polar Explorer, Ryan Waters. Climbing to the summit of Mt. Elbrus does not require any previous climbing experience, however, it requires ice-climbing equipment (equipment can be rented in Russia), excellent physical condition and a lot of stamina. High altitude and unpredictable weather make for a challenging and adventurous trek.
With this Trek, if you are serious about reaching the summit, please understand you will need to have dedication and be focused on training and preparation in the upcoming months. Know that with all our treks, the journey will be just as important to all of us as the destination.
Our Trek will be fully supported by a local trekking company and led by Ryan Waters and local guides. We will walk an average of 5-7 hours a day and sleep in hotels and huts as we do acclimating hikes or the “barrels” while on Mt. Elbrus. We require that all Trekkers be in excellent physical condition and able to hike for several hours, non-stop, carrying a daypack. It’s important that a good physical conditioning program be undertaken at least two months before departure..
Trekkers will spend three fun-filled days with the children at our selected orphanage. We will get to know the children by doing activities with them, and helping with significant improvement projects at their home. The days spent with the children at the orphanage will be very rewarding and memorable as we will be able to not only see firsthand how the money we raised was put to use, but we will also be able to get to know these amazing kids.
Please contact Tricia Donaldson, Director of Operations, for more information.
Group Size: maximum of 15 Trekkers (minimum 10)
Expedition Dates: July1-15, 2017 (Please note: dates listed are the arrival and departure dates to/from Moscow)
Price for Expedition: $4350
Fundraising Commitment: $1000 (100% goes to orphanage projects)
• 8 day fully-supported, guided climb (you only carry a daypack)
• TFK leader and Western mountaineering guide
• 3 nights hotel in Baksan Valley and 6 nights hut accommodation on mountain
• All meals on mountain and breakfasts/dinners in Baksan Valley hotel.
• 5 nights hotel with breakfast (double or triple occupancy) in Moscow
• Breakfast and either lunch or dinner non-trek days
• RT flight to Mineralnye Vody from Moscow
• All ground transportation, including airport pick-ups and drop-offs in Moscow and Mineralnye Vody
• Snow Cat transport on summit day to Pastukhov Rocks
• All group climbing gear, ropes, snow protection
• Day of skills on the mountain for climb
• Communication, radios, gps, access to satellite telephone and daily dispatches to news page during climb
• Tips for climbing staff; not included with other companies
• Some sightseeing in Moscow
• Activities with the children at the children's home
• TFK t-shirts and luggage tags
• Group travel insurance
• Registration with OVIR
• Airfare to Moscow
• Russia entry visa
• Lunch or dinner on non-trek days and lunch in Baksan Valley hotel
• Alcoholic drinks, soft drinks, bottled water
• Tips to hotel staff
• 18 years or older
• Good health
• Physically fit
• Willing to raise minimum $1000 for orphanage
3 Step Process
1. Apply • Fill out the online application
• Pay $500 deposit ($50 non-refundable)
2. Prepare • Read Information and Fundraising Packet from TFK
• Start a training regimen if not already exercising regularly
• Fundraise for orphanage projects
• Gather all necessary gear for the Trek
• Pay remaining Expedition fees
• Arrange flights
3. Experience • Arrive in-country and meet your TFK group leaders and fellow Trekkers.
• Enjoy a trip of a lifetime!
We are committed to supporting you every step of the way, both before and during your Expedition.
After signing up for an Expedition, Trekkers receive a Fundraising Kit, and access to the Trekker Resource Center, with online tips and tools to help you succeed.
• great introduction to TFK for your donors
Personal Fundraising Page (coming soon)
• solicit donations on your page
• set fundraising goals
• track progress in real time
• upload photos
• post messages to donors
• form letters to help you get started
• fundraising logs
• receipts and forms
• orphanage project flyer
Contact Tricia Donaldson, for more information.
Mt Elbrus Trek 2017
Expedition Dates: July 1-15, 2017
Deadline to Apply: THIS TREK IS FULL
Group Size: 10-15
Trip Cost: $4350
Tax-deductible portion of trip cost: $1500
Fundraising Commitment: $1000 in tax-deductible donations for projects at the orphanage
Activity Level: difficult
MEET THE TREKKERS
Select a Trekker‘s name below to visit their personal fundraising page. Help them reach their goal by making a donation today.
Bhutan Trek 2017April 8-21, 2017
Thailand Private Teen 2017May 27-June 10, 2017
Mt. Elbrus 2017July 1-15, 2017
Peru Family Trek 2017August 3-12, 2017
Peru Custom Trek 2017Sept 20-28, 2017
Mexico Private Trek 2017October 21-29, 2017
Everest Base Camp 2017October 30-November 17, 2017
Everest View Trek 2017October 30-November 11, 2017
Panama Trek 2018March 3-11, 2018