Nepal Trek 2017: Everest View
OUR EXPEDITIONS >
EVEREST VIEW 2017
Please note: This is a combined expedition with our Everest Base Camp Trek. This trip ends one week earlier than the Everest Base Camp Trek.
The Everest View Trek is the perfect opportunity to experience the spectacular Himalayan mountains and culture in a shorter amount of time than the Everest Base Camp Trek. This 7-day trek into the Himalayas begins with a short flight to the Lukla airstrip at 9,200 ft. From there we will begin our 25 mile journey to the highest Buddhist monastery in the world in Tengboche. Along the way we will stop in Namche Bazaar and other ancient Sherpa villages that have changed little over time, and cross long suspension bridges above rushing rivers. Views of Mt. Everest and other famous mountains such as Nuptse, Lhotse and Ama Dablam will amaze you as you journey to Tengboche at 12,700 ft. This journey will be particularly rewarding, knowing that each step we take is for the good of orphans who live in the shadows of these majestic mountains.
A professional western guide, along with local trekking guides, and the famous Sherpas of Nepal, will lead us on this amazing journey. We will hike for 5-7 hours a day, carrying a daypack and sleeping in local teahouses (basic lodges) along the way. We require that all Trekkers be in excellent physical condition. Trekkers must be able to hike for several hours non-stop, carrying a 10-15 pound daypack. It’s important that a good physical conditioning program be undertaken at least three months before departure.
Our group of Trekkers will spend 4 days with the children from a local orphanage. We will spend time getting to know the children, playing games, and improving the orphanage’s facilities. We will also take the children on a fun field trip to a nearby point of interest, and then celebrate our time together with food, music, and dancing.
Please contact Tricia Donaldson, Director of Operations, for more information.
Group Size: maximum of 18 Trekkers (minimum 12)
October 30-November 11, 2017 (Please note: dates listed are the arrival and departure dates to/from Kathmandu)
Deadline: August 1, 2017 (or until filled)
Price for Expedition: $2450
Fundraising Commitment: min. $1000 (tax-deductible donations for projects)
• TFK in-country guides
• 7 day fully-supported, guided Trek by local trekking company (you only carry a daypack)
• Domestic flight to Lukla and return
• 6 nights teahouse accommodation on Trek
• 3 nights hotel (double or triple occupancy) in Kathmandu
• 3 nights in tent in Kumari village
• All meals included, except 2-3
• All ground transportation, including airport pick-up and drop-off
• Trekking permit and conservation fees
• All tips for local trekking team (this is not usually included in other tour companies trip costs but we feel it is important to ensure our local help is tipped well so you don't need to worry about it later)
• Emergency evacuation and group travel insurance
• Activities with the children at our selected site
• TFK t-shirts, luggage tags and buff
• Airfare to Kathmandu
• Nepal Visa
• Optional day trip to Bhaktapur
• 2-3 meals
• Alcoholic drinks, soft drinks, bottled water
• 18 years+
(16-17 year olds accompanied by a parent and physically fit and able to go to high altitudes will be considered.)
• Good health
• Physically fit
• Willing to raise minimum $1000 for orphanage
3 Step Process
1. Apply • Fill out the online application
• Pay $500 deposit ($50 non-refundable)
2. Prepare • Read Information and Fundraising Packet from TFK
• Start a training regimen if not already exercising regularly
• Fundraise for orphanage projects
• Gather all necessary gear for the Trek
• Pay remaining Expedition fees
• Arrange flights
3. Experience • Arrive in-country and meet your TFK group leaders and fellow Trekkers.
• Enjoy a trip of a lifetime!
We are committed to supporting you every step of the way, both before and during your Expedition.
Expedition Dates for Nepal 2017: Everest View Trek
Oct 30-Nov 11, 2017 (Please note: dates listed are the arrival and departure dates to/from Kathmandu)
• Nepal has eight of the world's 10 highest mountains.
• There are two base camps for Mt. Everest, located each on opposite sides of the mountain. One is to the north in Tibet and the other is to the south in Nepal.
• Mt. Everest rises a few millimeters each year due to geological forces.
• Base Camp is at 17,598ft (5364m) above sea level.
• The Summit is 29,029ft (8848m) above sea level – just below the cruising height of a jet.
• Mount Everest is called: Sagarmatha (which means Goddess of the sky) in Nepali and Chomolungma (which means mother Goddess of the Universe) in Tibetan.
• The local people in the Everest region are the Sherpas and Tibetans.
• Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay were the first to summit Everest on May 29th 1953.
• The Tihar Festival, or Festival of Lights, is one of the most dazzling of all Hindu festivals, where many candles are lit both inside and outside of houses to make it bright at night.
• The festival is held for 5 days in honor of the Goddess Laxmi who is the Hindu goddess of wealth and also the wife of Vishnu.
After signing up for an Expedition, Trekkers receive a Fundraising Kit, and access to the Trekker Resource Center, with online tips and tools to help you succeed.
• how your donations are used
• great introduction to TFK for your donors
Personal Fundraising Page
• solicit donations on your page
• set fundraising goals
• track progress in real time
• upload photos
• post messages to donors
• form letters to help you get started
• fundraising logs
• receipts and forms
• orphanage project flyer
Contact our Director of Operations, Tricia Donaldson, for more information.
Nepal Trek 2017
Expedition Dates: October 30-November 11, 2017 (in-country dates)
Deadline to Apply: August 1, 2017 (or until filled)
Group Size: 12-18
Trip Cost: $2450
Fundraising Commitment: $1000 in tax-deductible donations for projects
Activity Level: Moderately Difficult
MEET THE TREKKERS
Select a Trekker‘s name below to visit their personal fundraising page. Help them reach their goal by making a donation today.
Bhutan Trek 2017April 8-21, 2017
Thailand Private Teen 2017May 27-June 9, 2017
Mt. Elbrus 2017July 1-15, 2017
Peru Trek 2017August 3-12, 2017
Everest Base Camp 2017October 30-November 17, 2017
Everest View Trek 2017October 30-November 11, 2017
Panama Trek 2018March 3-11, 2018